UP Budget 2012: Akhilesh imposes no new tax
Lucknow: Amidst uproar and walkout by BSP, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday presented his maiden state Budget for 2012-13 with no new tax and a provision of Rs 500 crore for waving farm loans.
It also provides for unemployment allowance and giving laptops to school students.
For the first time, the state`s Budget size has crossed the figure of Rs 2 lakh crore.
It has projected a deficit of Rs 21,570.26 crore in the Budget while estimating total receipts of Rs 1,94,327.28 crore this fiscal. The total Budget size is Rs 2,00,110.61 crore.
The Budget puts revenue receipts at Rs 1,58,847.86 crore and capital receipts of Rs 35,479.32 crore.
Presenting the Budget, based on the promises made in SP`s manifesto, Yadav said that a provision of Rs 1,100 crore has been made for unemployment allowance to be given to people in the age group of 30-40 years.
For providing free laptops and tablets to high school and intermediate pass students a provision of Rs 2,721.24 crore has been made.
Announcing the relaunch of Kanya Vidyadhan Scheme, scrapped during the BSP regime, the SP government has made a provision of 446 crore.
A separate provision of Rs 500 crore has been made for loan waiver of farmers promised by the party in its manifesto.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog