UP Budget 2012: Akhilesh imposes no new tax
Lucknow: Amidst uproar and walkout by BSP, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday presented his maiden state Budget for 2012-13 with no new tax and a provision of Rs 500 crore for waving farm loans.
It also provides for unemployment allowance and giving laptops to school students.
For the first time, the state`s Budget size has crossed the figure of Rs 2 lakh crore.
It has projected a deficit of Rs 21,570.26 crore in the Budget while estimating total receipts of Rs 1,94,327.28 crore this fiscal. The total Budget size is Rs 2,00,110.61 crore.
The Budget puts revenue receipts at Rs 1,58,847.86 crore and capital receipts of Rs 35,479.32 crore.
Presenting the Budget, based on the promises made in SP`s manifesto, Yadav said that a provision of Rs 1,100 crore has been made for unemployment allowance to be given to people in the age group of 30-40 years.
For providing free laptops and tablets to high school and intermediate pass students a provision of Rs 2,721.24 crore has been made.
Announcing the relaunch of Kanya Vidyadhan Scheme, scrapped during the BSP regime, the SP government has made a provision of 446 crore.
A separate provision of Rs 500 crore has been made for loan waiver of farmers promised by the party in its manifesto.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble