UP Budget 2012: Akhilesh imposes no new tax
Lucknow: Amidst uproar and walkout by BSP, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday presented his maiden state Budget for 2012-13 with no new tax and a provision of Rs 500 crore for waving farm loans.
It also provides for unemployment allowance and giving laptops to school students.
For the first time, the state`s Budget size has crossed the figure of Rs 2 lakh crore.
It has projected a deficit of Rs 21,570.26 crore in the Budget while estimating total receipts of Rs 1,94,327.28 crore this fiscal. The total Budget size is Rs 2,00,110.61 crore.
The Budget puts revenue receipts at Rs 1,58,847.86 crore and capital receipts of Rs 35,479.32 crore.
Presenting the Budget, based on the promises made in SP`s manifesto, Yadav said that a provision of Rs 1,100 crore has been made for unemployment allowance to be given to people in the age group of 30-40 years.
For providing free laptops and tablets to high school and intermediate pass students a provision of Rs 2,721.24 crore has been made.
Announcing the relaunch of Kanya Vidyadhan Scheme, scrapped during the BSP regime, the SP government has made a provision of 446 crore.
A separate provision of Rs 500 crore has been made for loan waiver of farmers promised by the party in its manifesto.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- Film on 1983 World Cup win to give insights from dressing room
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma's 'Sultan' trailer leaves fans spellbound; earns 3 mn views in one day!
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Iris with 'iris recognition' launched in India at Rs 13,999
- JKLF chief Yasin Malik detained in Srinagar ahead of Thursday's shutdown
- IPL 2016: Revealed – This is Sunrisers Hyderabad's Mustafizur Rahman’s biggest fear!