UP Budget 2012 disappointing, feels Opposition
Lucknow: Terming the state budget presented by Akhilesh Yadav in the Assembly today as disappointing, opposition parties in Uttar Pradesh said it was an unsuccessful attempt to please people.
"The budget is an unsuccessful attempt of the SP government to please people", Leader of Opposition Swami Prasad Maurya told reporters here.
Questioning the need for a 500-acre park in Lucknow, Maurya said that SP had been raising its voice against memorials and parks constructed in the name of Dalit icons and now has itself announced construction of the park, which is not justified.
"It is now clear the SP government is anti-Dalit," he said, adding that by changing names of schemes on Dalit leaders SP has showed its mean mentality.
Congress, too, termed the budged as disappointing claiming that it has no separate provision for development of backward Purvanchal (eastern UP) and education sector.
"The budget did not have any separate provision for development of Purvanchal, which is not fair as the region is backward. Also, for the education no heed has been paid and only Centre`s programme has been carried forward," Congress MLA Akhilesh Pratap Singh said.
Terming the budget as "SP`s election manifesto budget", senior BJP leader Surya Pratap Shahi said that except for mentioning schemes in SP manifesto no budget provisions were made for backward regions of Purvanchal and Bundelkhand.
The budget is also disheartening for farmers and common man as no development funds were suggested, Shahi said. PTI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!