UP budget session from Jun 19 likely to be stormy
Lucknow: The spate of rapes and political murders in Uttar Pradesh is likely to dominate the month-long budget session of the Uttar Pradesh Legislature which begins on June 19.
Opposition parties have chalked out strategies to attack the government on law and order front and raise issues like power scarcity and plight of farmers and sugarcane growers.
The state`s budget for 2014-15 will be presented on June 20, Principal Secretary, Legislative Assembly, Pradip Dubey said.
The business advisory committee of the House will meet here tomorrow to work out a detailed programme of the session, he said.
Leader of Opposition in the Assembly and senior BSP leader Swami Prasad Maurya said the ruling SP government has failed on all fronts and his party would be questioning it over its failures.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav did not even meet the families of the two cousin sisters who were murdered after gangrape on May 27 in Badaun and the remarks of senior police officials were disappointing showing the insensitivity of the government, he said.
UP BJP president and MLA Laxmikant Bajpai said rising crimes against women, power problem and some local issues will be raised in a forceful manner during the session.
Similarly, Congress legislature party leader Pradeep Mathur said they will unite with other opposition parties in seeking answers from the government on the alarming law and order situation, among others.
Congress MLA Akhilesh Singh said his party would raise all issues concerning the people in a planned manner for which the party will also hold its meeting on June 19 before the start of the session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Jasprit Bumrah jumps to career best No. 2 spot in ICC T20I Rankings
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning
- Now recharge your body and phone with KFC's 'Watt a Box' meal!- Watch
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid