UP budget session from Jun 19 likely to be stormy
Lucknow: The spate of rapes and political murders in Uttar Pradesh is likely to dominate the month-long budget session of the Uttar Pradesh Legislature which begins on June 19.
Opposition parties have chalked out strategies to attack the government on law and order front and raise issues like power scarcity and plight of farmers and sugarcane growers.
The state`s budget for 2014-15 will be presented on June 20, Principal Secretary, Legislative Assembly, Pradip Dubey said.
The business advisory committee of the House will meet here tomorrow to work out a detailed programme of the session, he said.
Leader of Opposition in the Assembly and senior BSP leader Swami Prasad Maurya said the ruling SP government has failed on all fronts and his party would be questioning it over its failures.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav did not even meet the families of the two cousin sisters who were murdered after gangrape on May 27 in Badaun and the remarks of senior police officials were disappointing showing the insensitivity of the government, he said.
UP BJP president and MLA Laxmikant Bajpai said rising crimes against women, power problem and some local issues will be raised in a forceful manner during the session.
Similarly, Congress legislature party leader Pradeep Mathur said they will unite with other opposition parties in seeking answers from the government on the alarming law and order situation, among others.
Congress MLA Akhilesh Singh said his party would raise all issues concerning the people in a planned manner for which the party will also hold its meeting on June 19 before the start of the session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed