UP Cabinet approves new sugar mill, cancer institute
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh cabinet on Tuesday gave its approval for setting up a sugar mill besides construction of a cancer institute in the state.
The cabinet meeting presided over by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav gave its nod to Kaimuna agro Limited to set up a sugar mill in Shahjahanpur under Sugar Industry co-generation and distillery promotion policy 2013, an official spokesman said.
The farmers of Badaun, Farrukhabad, Hardoi besides Shahjahanpur would benefit from this sugar mill which would be set up in an area of 80 acres on Shahjahanpur- Farrukhabad road.
In another important decision, the cabinet approved setting up a high level cancer institute spread over 100 acres under Medicity in Chak Gajaria farm in the state capital.
Besides treatment, the institute would also undertake research, he said adding the hospital would be set up and managed by a registered society and would be given administrative and financial autonomy.
Land for the institute would be provided to the medical education department free of cost and Rs. 25 crore have been earmarked for it in this financial year.
The cabinet also gave its nod to fill the vacant posts of gram panchayat officers through recruitments, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?