UP cabinet minister`s kin arrested over rape charge
Ghaziabad: The kin of a Uttar Pradesh
cabinet minister has been arrested for allegedly raping a
Delhi-based woman in a moving car on January 23, a police
official said Saturday.
"The victim in her complaint the next day had claimed
that a woman named Laxmi Devi called her to Ghaziabad on
pretext of providing her a job. When she reached at the old
bus stand there in the evening, Laxmi asked her to sit in a
car which was occupied by three or four persons," SHO of
Sehani Gate Police Station Baljit Singh said Saturday.
Three of them allegedly raped her in the moving car
before dumping her in a jungle at Muradnagar, he said.
Laxmi was arrested following the complaint and her
interrogation led to the arrest of two more men Sunil Tyagi
and Bobby Tyagi, the SHO said.
Sunil is the son of Mahender Tyagi, who is the
brother-in-law of a UP cabinet minister, the SHO claimed,
without disclosing the minister`s name.
Sunil and Bobby were Saturday produced in a local court
which sent them to 14 days` judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'