UP cabinet minister`s kin arrested over rape charge
Ghaziabad: The kin of a Uttar Pradesh
cabinet minister has been arrested for allegedly raping a
Delhi-based woman in a moving car on January 23, a police
official said Saturday.
"The victim in her complaint the next day had claimed
that a woman named Laxmi Devi called her to Ghaziabad on
pretext of providing her a job. When she reached at the old
bus stand there in the evening, Laxmi asked her to sit in a
car which was occupied by three or four persons," SHO of
Sehani Gate Police Station Baljit Singh said Saturday.
Three of them allegedly raped her in the moving car
before dumping her in a jungle at Muradnagar, he said.
Laxmi was arrested following the complaint and her
interrogation led to the arrest of two more men Sunil Tyagi
and Bobby Tyagi, the SHO said.
Sunil is the son of Mahender Tyagi, who is the
brother-in-law of a UP cabinet minister, the SHO claimed,
without disclosing the minister`s name.
Sunil and Bobby were Saturday produced in a local court
which sent them to 14 days` judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living