UP: Case of rape, cheating lodged against former BSP MLA
Kanpur: A case of cheating and rape has been lodged with the police by an ex-district panchayat member against former Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) MLA RP Kushwaha, who trashed the charges as "political conspiracy".
The complainant has alleged that Kushwaha forced her into a physical relationship and also took Rs 16.98 lakhs with the promise of getting her contracts and securing jobs for her family members, police said.
She also claimed Kushwaha threatened to kill her when she demanded her money back, they added.
Kushwaha dismissed the allegations claiming that the `fake` case was an attempt to put pressure on him as his wife Reeta Kushwaha, who is the District Panchayat chairman, is facing a no-confidence motion.
The former MLA has been booked under Sections 406 (punishment for criminal breach of trust), 420 (cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property), 376 (punishment for rape) and 506 (Punishment for criminal intimidation) of the IPC.
Meanwhile, a medical examination has been carried out on the complainant and further action will be taken by the police after the report is received.
The complainant, also a member of BSP, served as a panchayat member from 1995 to 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highest paid actress or not? Kangana Ranaut charged Rs 3 cr for 'Rangoon'
- PM Modi to launch BJP govt's two-year anniversary celebrations, releases 'Transforming India' anthem's video
- 7th Pay Commission: Doctors in govt hospitals in Delhi go on strike
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Africa Day event to be held today after India allays 'Afrophobia' fears: Report