UP: Charge sheet against constable in rape case
Muzaffarnagar (UP): A charge sheet has been filed against a constable for allegedly raping a Dalit girl on the pretext of marrying her, police said.
In her statement before a local court today, the victim, a resident of Nirmani village of the district, alleged she was repeatedly raped by the accused who had eloped with her, they said.
The victim`s statement has been lodged and the process to arrest the accused posted in Ghaziabad has been initiated, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'