UP: Charge sheet against constable in rape case
Muzaffarnagar (UP): A charge sheet has been filed against a constable for allegedly raping a Dalit girl on the pretext of marrying her, police said.
In her statement before a local court today, the victim, a resident of Nirmani village of the district, alleged she was repeatedly raped by the accused who had eloped with her, they said.
The victim`s statement has been lodged and the process to arrest the accused posted in Ghaziabad has been initiated, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- Airtel proposes Rs 30 crore annual package to Sunil Mittal
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope