UP: Cheap houses for farmers
Lucknow: Farmers affected by land acquisition for various housing projects in the Uttar Pradesh capital would be provided with cheap accommodations as part of the compensation package.
A decision in this regard was taken by the Lucknow Development Authority (LDA) on Monday, meeting the long-pending demands of the affected farmers for an adequate compensation.
"The farmers will not only be provided houses at a cost that will be only 35 per cent of the allotment price but also be allotted platforms which could be used for putting up shops," an LDA official said.
The authority had acquired land in around 18 villages for the Vasant Kunj housing scheme on Hardoi road and the Nagar Prasar Yojana and Ambedkar Nagar Yojana on Sitapur road.
The LDA will now be building 112 houses in Vasant Kunj and 160 houses in Jankipuram extension on Sitapur road for the affected farmers.
The houses will be allotted to the farmers after a due lottery process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chase master Kohli stars as India beat Kiwis by 7 wickets, lead series 2-1
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption