UP: Cheap houses for farmers
Lucknow: Farmers affected by land acquisition for various housing projects in the Uttar Pradesh capital would be provided with cheap accommodations as part of the compensation package.
A decision in this regard was taken by the Lucknow Development Authority (LDA) on Monday, meeting the long-pending demands of the affected farmers for an adequate compensation.
"The farmers will not only be provided houses at a cost that will be only 35 per cent of the allotment price but also be allotted platforms which could be used for putting up shops," an LDA official said.
The authority had acquired land in around 18 villages for the Vasant Kunj housing scheme on Hardoi road and the Nagar Prasar Yojana and Ambedkar Nagar Yojana on Sitapur road.
The LDA will now be building 112 houses in Vasant Kunj and 160 houses in Jankipuram extension on Sitapur road for the affected farmers.
The houses will be allotted to the farmers after a due lottery process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Curfew, restrictions continue in Kashmir Valley for 51st day
- Is Ramdev coming up with world-class varsity near Delhi like University of Houston?
- Pakistan has started behaving like an enemy: JD(U)
- Donald Trump links death of NBA star's cousin to black vote
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput spills romance in 'Kaun Tujhe' from 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'