UP: Cheap houses for farmers
Lucknow: Farmers affected by land acquisition for various housing projects in the Uttar Pradesh capital would be provided with cheap accommodations as part of the compensation package.
A decision in this regard was taken by the Lucknow Development Authority (LDA) on Monday, meeting the long-pending demands of the affected farmers for an adequate compensation.
"The farmers will not only be provided houses at a cost that will be only 35 per cent of the allotment price but also be allotted platforms which could be used for putting up shops," an LDA official said.
The authority had acquired land in around 18 villages for the Vasant Kunj housing scheme on Hardoi road and the Nagar Prasar Yojana and Ambedkar Nagar Yojana on Sitapur road.
The LDA will now be building 112 houses in Vasant Kunj and 160 houses in Jankipuram extension on Sitapur road for the affected farmers.
The houses will be allotted to the farmers after a due lottery process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan