UP Chief Minister condoles police officer`s death
Lucknow: A day after a senior police officer was shot dead after being beaten badly by a mob in Pratapgarh district, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday condoled the death and announced compensation of Rs 20 lakhs to his kin.
Yadav expressed condolence over the death of Deputy Superintendent of Police Zia-ul-Haq, who was holding charge of Circle Officer Kunda. Haq was killed during a clash between irate locals and the police in Balipura village in Hathgawan area last night.
The incident took place after some unidentified persons shot dead village head Nanhe Yadav. A mob soon after attacked the police station and indulged in arson which led to cross-firing between the police and the villagers.
Yadav`s brother, Suresh, was also killed in the ensuing firing.
The situation is stated to be under control now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'