UP Chief Minister condoles police officer`s death
Lucknow: A day after a senior police officer was shot dead after being beaten badly by a mob in Pratapgarh district, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday condoled the death and announced compensation of Rs 20 lakhs to his kin.
Yadav expressed condolence over the death of Deputy Superintendent of Police Zia-ul-Haq, who was holding charge of Circle Officer Kunda. Haq was killed during a clash between irate locals and the police in Balipura village in Hathgawan area last night.
The incident took place after some unidentified persons shot dead village head Nanhe Yadav. A mob soon after attacked the police station and indulged in arson which led to cross-firing between the police and the villagers.
Yadav`s brother, Suresh, was also killed in the ensuing firing.
The situation is stated to be under control now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Wriddhiman Saha, Ravichandran Ashwin biggest positives in this series: Virat Kohli
- Can't yet verify if wedding bomber was child or linked to Islamic State: Turkish PM
- Donald Trump denies 'flip flopping' on immigration
- Govt plans to launch PM research fellowships for IIT graduates from next academic year
- Guwahati to host 2016 Indian Super League season opener