UP Chief Minister condoles police officer`s death
Lucknow: A day after a senior police officer was shot dead after being beaten badly by a mob in Pratapgarh district, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday condoled the death and announced compensation of Rs 20 lakhs to his kin.
Yadav expressed condolence over the death of Deputy Superintendent of Police Zia-ul-Haq, who was holding charge of Circle Officer Kunda. Haq was killed during a clash between irate locals and the police in Balipura village in Hathgawan area last night.
The incident took place after some unidentified persons shot dead village head Nanhe Yadav. A mob soon after attacked the police station and indulged in arson which led to cross-firing between the police and the villagers.
Yadav`s brother, Suresh, was also killed in the ensuing firing.
The situation is stated to be under control now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review