UP Chief Secretary`s review meeting meaningless: BJP
Lucknow: BJP on Wednesday termed review meeting by Uttar Pradesh Chief Secretary Alok Ranjan as meaningless and said people of the state need security and not review.
"The review meeting held by the chief secretary is meaningless. People of the state need security and not review," BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said.
He alleged that in a state where minor girls and women were being raped and facing all kind of atrocities, instead of checking such incidents, responsible officers of the Akhilesh Yadav government were holding review meetings.
Pathak said that today`s meeting held by the Chief Secretary is merely a formality when the law and order situation is becoming worse.
He said that situation could be gazed from the fact that even the senior minister were raising questions over law and order situation.
The spokesman alleged that appeasement policy and vote bank politics of the government were responsible for this. "Officers, who have got posting on caste basis, are failing to check even minor incidents," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family