UP Chief Secretary`s review meeting meaningless: BJP
Lucknow: BJP on Wednesday termed review meeting by Uttar Pradesh Chief Secretary Alok Ranjan as meaningless and said people of the state need security and not review.
"The review meeting held by the chief secretary is meaningless. People of the state need security and not review," BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said.
He alleged that in a state where minor girls and women were being raped and facing all kind of atrocities, instead of checking such incidents, responsible officers of the Akhilesh Yadav government were holding review meetings.
Pathak said that today`s meeting held by the Chief Secretary is merely a formality when the law and order situation is becoming worse.
He said that situation could be gazed from the fact that even the senior minister were raising questions over law and order situation.
The spokesman alleged that appeasement policy and vote bank politics of the government were responsible for this. "Officers, who have got posting on caste basis, are failing to check even minor incidents," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda