UP: Child killed in road mishap
Bulandshahr: A seven-year-old boy was
crushed to death by a speeding mini-truck near here, triggering a protest by locals which clashed with police after they tried to prevent the mob from injuring the surrendered
"The boy was killed yesterday after the mini-truck ran
over it while he was crossing a road in Rabupura town. Some
angry locals chased the vehicle on their motorcycles. The
driver left his truck outside Kakod police station and
surrendered before police," SSP R K S Rathore said.
"However, the locals set the truck ablaze and demanded
that the driver be handed over to them. It led to clashes and
the locals pelted stones at police," he said.
The SHO and five other policemen were injured in the
clash, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police