UP: Child killed in road mishap
Bulandshahr: A seven-year-old boy was
crushed to death by a speeding mini-truck near here, triggering a protest by locals which clashed with police after they tried to prevent the mob from injuring the surrendered
"The boy was killed yesterday after the mini-truck ran
over it while he was crossing a road in Rabupura town. Some
angry locals chased the vehicle on their motorcycles. The
driver left his truck outside Kakod police station and
surrendered before police," SSP R K S Rathore said.
"However, the locals set the truck ablaze and demanded
that the driver be handed over to them. It led to clashes and
the locals pelted stones at police," he said.
The SHO and five other policemen were injured in the
clash, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16