UP: Child killed in road mishap
Bulandshahr: A seven-year-old boy was
crushed to death by a speeding mini-truck near here, triggering a protest by locals which clashed with police after they tried to prevent the mob from injuring the surrendered
"The boy was killed yesterday after the mini-truck ran
over it while he was crossing a road in Rabupura town. Some
angry locals chased the vehicle on their motorcycles. The
driver left his truck outside Kakod police station and
surrendered before police," SSP R K S Rathore said.
"However, the locals set the truck ablaze and demanded
that the driver be handed over to them. It led to clashes and
the locals pelted stones at police," he said.
The SHO and five other policemen were injured in the
clash, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note