UP: Child trafficker held, eight kids rescued
Lucknow: A man from Bihar was arrested and eight children, being taken to Rajasthan to work as labourers, were rescued from a train in Uttar Pradesh`s Mirzapur district, police said Monday.
The children, who hail from Gaya, were rescued following a raid on a coach of the Jodhpur-Howrah Express late Sunday in Mirzapur, some 300 km from here.
The raid was conducted following a tip-off by an NGO.
"Sultan was taking the children to Jaipur to work in bangle factories on the pretext of providing them education and employment," said government railway police inspector Gulab Singh.
"Three accomplices of Sultan managed to escape. For the last four-five years, Sultan had been working for a human-trafficking racket," he added.
According to police, all the eight children are aged between 9-12 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read