UP: Child trafficker held, eight kids rescued
Lucknow: A man from Bihar was arrested and eight children, being taken to Rajasthan to work as labourers, were rescued from a train in Uttar Pradesh`s Mirzapur district, police said Monday.
The children, who hail from Gaya, were rescued following a raid on a coach of the Jodhpur-Howrah Express late Sunday in Mirzapur, some 300 km from here.
The raid was conducted following a tip-off by an NGO.
"Sultan was taking the children to Jaipur to work in bangle factories on the pretext of providing them education and employment," said government railway police inspector Gulab Singh.
"Three accomplices of Sultan managed to escape. For the last four-five years, Sultan had been working for a human-trafficking racket," he added.
According to police, all the eight children are aged between 9-12 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened