UP civic polls: Over 52% voting recorded in 3rd phase
Lucknow: Around 52.34 per cent voters on Sunday exercised their franchise for the third phase of three-tier urban local body polls in 20 districts of Uttar Pradesh.
Till 5:30 PM, 52.34 per cent votes were polled in 20 districts of the state, official sources said here.
Barring a few stray incidents of stone pelting the elections were by and large peaceful.
Some incidents of stone pelting and clash were reported from Shahjahanpur, Bheem Nagar and Aligarh, sources said. But due to proper security arrangements situation was timely controlled.
The district covered in the third phase included, Muzaffar Nagar, Gautam Buddha Nagar, Panchsheel Nagar, Jyotiba Phule Nagar, Bheem Nagar, Shahjahanpur, Aligarh, Mainpuri, Jalaun, Banda, Kaushambi, Raebareli, Lakhimpur Kheri, Balrampur, Sultanpur, Siddharth Nagar, Mahrajaganj, Mau, Jaunpur and Mirzapur.
Polling was held at 1,955 polling centres for a Municipal corporation, 45 Nagar Palika and 101 Nagar Panchyats on which 15,876 candidates were in fray.
Of these polling centres, 647 were sensitive while 875 were "super sensitive".
The local bodies polls are to be held in four phases of which first phase was held on June 24 and last phase would be held on July 4. The counting would be held on July 7.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram