UP: Clash between two groups over cow slaughter
Meerut: Several people were injured following a clash between two communities over reports of cow slaughter here, police said on Sunday.
Violence broke out in Bhanwara village here after supporters of three arrested youths reached the house of complainants last night and opened fire, they said.
The youths, belonging to a particular community, were arrested earlier yesterday on charges of cow slaughter, police said.
Heavy police force has been deployed in the village to maintain law and order and the situation is currently under control, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?