UP: Clash between two groups over cow slaughter
Meerut: Several people were injured following a clash between two communities over reports of cow slaughter here, police said on Sunday.
Violence broke out in Bhanwara village here after supporters of three arrested youths reached the house of complainants last night and opened fire, they said.
The youths, belonging to a particular community, were arrested earlier yesterday on charges of cow slaughter, police said.
Heavy police force has been deployed in the village to maintain law and order and the situation is currently under control, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why