UP: Clash between two groups over cow slaughter
Meerut: Several people were injured following a clash between two communities over reports of cow slaughter here, police said on Sunday.
Violence broke out in Bhanwara village here after supporters of three arrested youths reached the house of complainants last night and opened fire, they said.
The youths, belonging to a particular community, were arrested earlier yesterday on charges of cow slaughter, police said.
Heavy police force has been deployed in the village to maintain law and order and the situation is currently under control, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31