UP: Clash over encroachment, several injured
Bijnor (UP): Several people were injured after two groups from neighbouring villages clashed over an encroachment dispute in Chandpur area here, prompting the authorities to clamp prohibitory orders, police said Sunday.
Tension started three days back when a resident of Bashta village was allegedly thrashed by a group of street vendors following a heated argument after his vehicle collided with one of their vending lorries, police said.
The two groups yesterday clashed over the issue and opened fire on each other, they said, adding that the injured have been admitted to a hospital where the condition of three was stated to be critical.
The situation was brought under control after SP Nitin Tiwari rushed to the site along with police force and pacified the villagers, they said.
Meanwhile, the district administration has issued prohibitory orders in the area and further probe into the matter is on, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad