UP: Clash over encroachment, several injured
Bijnor (UP): Several people were injured after two groups from neighbouring villages clashed over an encroachment dispute in Chandpur area here, prompting the authorities to clamp prohibitory orders, police said Sunday.
Tension started three days back when a resident of Bashta village was allegedly thrashed by a group of street vendors following a heated argument after his vehicle collided with one of their vending lorries, police said.
The two groups yesterday clashed over the issue and opened fire on each other, they said, adding that the injured have been admitted to a hospital where the condition of three was stated to be critical.
The situation was brought under control after SP Nitin Tiwari rushed to the site along with police force and pacified the villagers, they said.
Meanwhile, the district administration has issued prohibitory orders in the area and further probe into the matter is on, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre