UP: Class 9 student shoots at schoolmate
Lucknow: A Class 9 student shot at his schoolmate over a trivial dispute in a Uttar Pradesh town, police said on Thursday. The victim is battling for life at a hospital while the attacker has run away.
Ashu Kumar (name changed), 14, fired at Sanjay Kashyap, 16, in Arnia town of Bulandshahr district Wednesday. Arnia is about 29 km from Bulandshahr town.
Both boys study in the Muni Inter College in Bulandshahr, some 400 km from Lucknow. Sanjay is in Class 10.
"Investigations reveal that both students had a verbal duel while playing in the school ground. Later, on the pretext of playing a cricket match, Ashu asked Sanjay to come to the outskirts of Kamalpur village and shot at him with a country-made pistol," police inspector Rameshwar Kumar told reporters in Bulandshahr.
"A case was registered against Ashu after the victim`s family approached us," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?