UP clears Rs 350.79 crore for Uttarakhand
Lucknow: Reaching out to Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday ordered the release of the pending Rs 350.79 crore for disbursement of pension.
The amount was pending between the two neighbouring states for the last four years. A government spokesman told a news agency that the entire sum would be given to Uttarakhand this month.
"The money would go a long way towards rehabilitation in Uttarakhand following the devastation there," the Chief Minister said.
Uttar Pradesh has already given Rs 25 crore as relief fund to Uttarakhand. The hill state was carved out of Uttar Pradesh in 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16