UP clears Rs 350.79 crore for Uttarakhand
Lucknow: Reaching out to Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday ordered the release of the pending Rs 350.79 crore for disbursement of pension.
The amount was pending between the two neighbouring states for the last four years. A government spokesman told a news agency that the entire sum would be given to Uttarakhand this month.
"The money would go a long way towards rehabilitation in Uttarakhand following the devastation there," the Chief Minister said.
Uttar Pradesh has already given Rs 25 crore as relief fund to Uttarakhand. The hill state was carved out of Uttar Pradesh in 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- Pakistan to keep border crossing with Afghanistan shut till apology
- Sheena Bora murder case: Court asks CBI to begin arguments on framing of charges
- 21kg tumor removed from 61-year-old man at Gurgaon hospital
- `Very difficult` for Bastian Schweinsteiger to play at Manchester United: Jose Mourinho
- Europa League draw: Manchester United set for Robin van Persie reunion