UP clears Rs 350.79 crore for Uttarakhand
Lucknow: Reaching out to Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday ordered the release of the pending Rs 350.79 crore for disbursement of pension.
The amount was pending between the two neighbouring states for the last four years. A government spokesman told a news agency that the entire sum would be given to Uttarakhand this month.
"The money would go a long way towards rehabilitation in Uttarakhand following the devastation there," the Chief Minister said.
Uttar Pradesh has already given Rs 25 crore as relief fund to Uttarakhand. The hill state was carved out of Uttar Pradesh in 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi