UP clears Rs 350.79 crore for Uttarakhand
Lucknow: Reaching out to Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday ordered the release of the pending Rs 350.79 crore for disbursement of pension.
The amount was pending between the two neighbouring states for the last four years. A government spokesman told a news agency that the entire sum would be given to Uttarakhand this month.
"The money would go a long way towards rehabilitation in Uttarakhand following the devastation there," the Chief Minister said.
Uttar Pradesh has already given Rs 25 crore as relief fund to Uttarakhand. The hill state was carved out of Uttar Pradesh in 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?