UP clears Rs 350.79 crore for Uttarakhand
Lucknow: Reaching out to Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday ordered the release of the pending Rs 350.79 crore for disbursement of pension.
The amount was pending between the two neighbouring states for the last four years. A government spokesman told a news agency that the entire sum would be given to Uttarakhand this month.
"The money would go a long way towards rehabilitation in Uttarakhand following the devastation there," the Chief Minister said.
Uttar Pradesh has already given Rs 25 crore as relief fund to Uttarakhand. The hill state was carved out of Uttar Pradesh in 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY