UP CM against forced acquisition of land from farmers
Lucknow: Farmers should not be forced to vacate their land for development projects, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said, advocating adequate compensation for them.
"Land acquisition should be done with the consent of the farmers by giving them adequate compensation and if required after adjusting the affected family in job," Yadav said in a conclave here yesterday.
He said the state government is planning to construct a road to connect Lucknow with Delhi, but land would be taken for the project only after the consent of the farmers.
"There is immense possibility of development in UP and with the support of all it would definitely march ahead.
For the development of the state, a lot of work has to be done in various fields, including infrastructure, education and health," he said.
On the power crisis in the state, he said the government is taking concrete steps to improve electricity supply.
"The government has blacklisted companies, which supplied poor quality transformers and in future also action would be taken against those supplying defective equipment," he said.
He also stressed on improving law and order situation in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest