UP CM Akhilesh Yadav distributes laptops in Lucknow University
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday distributed free laptops at Lucknow University here.
Cabinet Minister Pawan Pandey accompanied the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister at the event.
Addressing the students, Yadav said: "The youth helped us in removing an autocratic government from the state. These laptops will help fetch youngsters good jobs".
The Uttar Pradesh government`s ambitious free laptop scheme to class XII passout students, as part of his Samajwadi Party election pledge, on Friday bagged the Certificate of Excellence Award in the category of Best Government Initiative in Education at a conclave held in Hyderabad.
Due to his busy schedule, Yadav has distributed only about 80,000 laptops so far. Over four lakh laptops are still lying in godowns across the state waiting to be distributed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption