UP CM Akhilesh Yadav distributes laptops in Lucknow University
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday distributed free laptops at Lucknow University here.
Cabinet Minister Pawan Pandey accompanied the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister at the event.
Addressing the students, Yadav said: "The youth helped us in removing an autocratic government from the state. These laptops will help fetch youngsters good jobs".
The Uttar Pradesh government`s ambitious free laptop scheme to class XII passout students, as part of his Samajwadi Party election pledge, on Friday bagged the Certificate of Excellence Award in the category of Best Government Initiative in Education at a conclave held in Hyderabad.
Due to his busy schedule, Yadav has distributed only about 80,000 laptops so far. Over four lakh laptops are still lying in godowns across the state waiting to be distributed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister