UP CM Akhilesh Yadav distributes laptops in Lucknow University
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday distributed free laptops at Lucknow University here.
Cabinet Minister Pawan Pandey accompanied the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister at the event.
Addressing the students, Yadav said: "The youth helped us in removing an autocratic government from the state. These laptops will help fetch youngsters good jobs".
The Uttar Pradesh government`s ambitious free laptop scheme to class XII passout students, as part of his Samajwadi Party election pledge, on Friday bagged the Certificate of Excellence Award in the category of Best Government Initiative in Education at a conclave held in Hyderabad.
Due to his busy schedule, Yadav has distributed only about 80,000 laptops so far. Over four lakh laptops are still lying in godowns across the state waiting to be distributed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site