UP CM Akhilesh Yadav urges private sector to help increase power generation
Lucknow: Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday said efforts are on to increase electricity generation in Uttar Pradesh, and called upon private sector to extend help to make the state a leading power producer in the country.
Extensive efforts were being made to make Uttar Pradesh a leading state in the country`s energy sector and private firms could support in this area, the Chief Minister said during a meeting with representatives of Larsen & Tubro at his official residence here.
Yadav said process was on to start electricity projects in Tanda, Harduaganj, Obra, Karchana and Ghatampur and called upon the private sector to support in these proposed projects.
The Chief Minister assured the delegation that his government would extend all possible help to them in order to increase power generation in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH