UP CM Akhilesh Yadav urges private sector to help increase power generation
Lucknow: Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday said efforts are on to increase electricity generation in Uttar Pradesh, and called upon private sector to extend help to make the state a leading power producer in the country.
Extensive efforts were being made to make Uttar Pradesh a leading state in the country`s energy sector and private firms could support in this area, the Chief Minister said during a meeting with representatives of Larsen & Tubro at his official residence here.
Yadav said process was on to start electricity projects in Tanda, Harduaganj, Obra, Karchana and Ghatampur and called upon the private sector to support in these proposed projects.
The Chief Minister assured the delegation that his government would extend all possible help to them in order to increase power generation in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened