UP CM announces slew of projects for Noida, Greater Noida
Greater Noida: A sewage treatment plant for Noida was today inaugurated by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, enabling the city to treat 100 per cent sewage it produces. Yadav inaugurated projects worth Rs 3,337 crore for Noida and Greater Noida via video conferencing from Lucknow.
With the inauguration of the 35 MLD sewage treatment plant (STP) situated in sector 123, Noida will become first city in India to have capacity to treat 100 per cent sewage it produces, Noida Authority CEO Rama Raman said.
This STP, built after a study and recommendation of IIT Roorkie, is set to benefit 28 sectors of Noida and would help the city to achieve ISO 14001:2004 standard in maintaining the environment of the city, Raman said.
It has been built on sequential batch reactor (SBR) modern technology, he said. Yadav also inaugurated OPD of a government hospital for Greater Noida.
Besides these, the chief minister has laid foundation stone for 11,625 affordable housing projects for all sections of society.
As many as 7,200 houses will be set up at Greater Noida and 4,425 at Yamuna Expressway. Total project cost is Rs 650 crore, a government release said.
Other projects inaugurated for Noida include Nari Niketan building and underpass at sectors 32, 35, 39, 51 crossing and at Sector 94-95.
Apart from these, multilevel car parking at sector 18, district hospital building at sector 39, Girls Inter College at sector 51 and power substations of 400 KV at Sector 123 and 400/220 KV capacity at sector 148 were also announced.
Foundation stone was laid for Rs 500 crore Medical University in Greater Noida. Its general OPD was made functional today at the hospital building of the university. University session will start from August this year.
The Greater Noida Authority administrative building was also inaugurated, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'