UP CM cancels plans to watch `Dedh Ishqiya` after criticism
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has cancelled plans to attend `Dedh Ishqiya` premiere with Madhuri Dixit after facing flak for organising a cultural extravaganza in Saifai village.
The star-studded gala at the ancestral village of Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and the CM drew the ire of the opposition parties and the media who accused the state government of ignoring Muzaffarnagar riot victims` sufferings.
The CM`s programme to watch the premiere has been cancelled, a senior official told PTI without citing any reasons.
As per the programme Akhilesh was to watch the premiere at a mall here this afternoon with Madhuri and other dignitaries.
The state government had yesterday announced an aid of Rs one crore to `Dedh Ishqiya` and Saif Ali Khan`s `Bullet Raja` as they were shot in UP.
Though no official reason has been cited for cancellation of CM`s programme, sources said that the decision was taken following public criticism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble