UP CM cancels plans to watch `Dedh Ishqiya` after criticism
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has cancelled plans to attend `Dedh Ishqiya` premiere with Madhuri Dixit after facing flak for organising a cultural extravaganza in Saifai village.
The star-studded gala at the ancestral village of Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and the CM drew the ire of the opposition parties and the media who accused the state government of ignoring Muzaffarnagar riot victims` sufferings.
The CM`s programme to watch the premiere has been cancelled, a senior official told PTI without citing any reasons.
As per the programme Akhilesh was to watch the premiere at a mall here this afternoon with Madhuri and other dignitaries.
The state government had yesterday announced an aid of Rs one crore to `Dedh Ishqiya` and Saif Ali Khan`s `Bullet Raja` as they were shot in UP.
Though no official reason has been cited for cancellation of CM`s programme, sources said that the decision was taken following public criticism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list