UP CM direct officials to improve electricity supply system
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday directed the concerned officials to improve the electricity supply system of the state.
In a review meeting, the chief minister asked the officials to ensure that in rural areas, particularly in the case of farmers, timing of power supply should be known beforehand, so that they can plan out in advance their irrigation and other agricultural activities.
Yadav, who reviewed the work of feeder separation plan and its progress, issued necessary directions to the authorities.
The chief minister said in view of the coming months of summer, feeder separation work in several districts, including Muzaffarnagar, would not only give relief to consumers but would also check power theft.
Earlier, the chief minister also took stock of the progress of the proposed Agra-Lucknow access-controlled expressway and directed the concerned officials for speeding it up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues