UP CM direct officials to improve electricity supply system
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday directed the concerned officials to improve the electricity supply system of the state.
In a review meeting, the chief minister asked the officials to ensure that in rural areas, particularly in the case of farmers, timing of power supply should be known beforehand, so that they can plan out in advance their irrigation and other agricultural activities.
Yadav, who reviewed the work of feeder separation plan and its progress, issued necessary directions to the authorities.
The chief minister said in view of the coming months of summer, feeder separation work in several districts, including Muzaffarnagar, would not only give relief to consumers but would also check power theft.
Earlier, the chief minister also took stock of the progress of the proposed Agra-Lucknow access-controlled expressway and directed the concerned officials for speeding it up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued