UP CM direct officials to improve electricity supply system
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday directed the concerned officials to improve the electricity supply system of the state.
In a review meeting, the chief minister asked the officials to ensure that in rural areas, particularly in the case of farmers, timing of power supply should be known beforehand, so that they can plan out in advance their irrigation and other agricultural activities.
Yadav, who reviewed the work of feeder separation plan and its progress, issued necessary directions to the authorities.
The chief minister said in view of the coming months of summer, feeder separation work in several districts, including Muzaffarnagar, would not only give relief to consumers but would also check power theft.
Earlier, the chief minister also took stock of the progress of the proposed Agra-Lucknow access-controlled expressway and directed the concerned officials for speeding it up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez