UP CM direct officials to improve electricity supply system
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday directed the concerned officials to improve the electricity supply system of the state.
In a review meeting, the chief minister asked the officials to ensure that in rural areas, particularly in the case of farmers, timing of power supply should be known beforehand, so that they can plan out in advance their irrigation and other agricultural activities.
Yadav, who reviewed the work of feeder separation plan and its progress, issued necessary directions to the authorities.
The chief minister said in view of the coming months of summer, feeder separation work in several districts, including Muzaffarnagar, would not only give relief to consumers but would also check power theft.
Earlier, the chief minister also took stock of the progress of the proposed Agra-Lucknow access-controlled expressway and directed the concerned officials for speeding it up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt