UP CM direct officials to improve electricity supply system
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday directed the concerned officials to improve the electricity supply system of the state.
In a review meeting, the chief minister asked the officials to ensure that in rural areas, particularly in the case of farmers, timing of power supply should be known beforehand, so that they can plan out in advance their irrigation and other agricultural activities.
Yadav, who reviewed the work of feeder separation plan and its progress, issued necessary directions to the authorities.
The chief minister said in view of the coming months of summer, feeder separation work in several districts, including Muzaffarnagar, would not only give relief to consumers but would also check power theft.
Earlier, the chief minister also took stock of the progress of the proposed Agra-Lucknow access-controlled expressway and directed the concerned officials for speeding it up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video