UP CM directs ministers, top officials to monitor relief work
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday rushed Panchayti Raj Minister Balram Yadav and Transport Minister Durga Prasad Yadav to Allahabad to monitor relief measures and treatment of victims of the railway station stampede, which left 36 persons dead.
An official spokesman here said the Chief Minister had directed the ministers to immediately rush to Allahabad to monitor relief measures and ensure best treatment to those who sustained injuries.
The stampede occurred at 7 PM yesterday when thousands of passengers, mostly Maha Kumbh devotees returning after taking holy dip at the Sangam, had gathered to board a train.
Meanwhile, Yadav also asked Chief Secretary Javed Usmani and DGP AC Sharma to visit Allahabad to oversee arrangements made for treatment of the injured and monitor relief measures.
Following the stampede at Allahabad railway station yesterday, the Chief Minister had directed officials to undertake immediate relief and rescue measures on a war footing.
He had also announced an ex-gratia of Rs five lakh to the dependents of those killed in the incidents, Rs 1 lakh to those injured and ordered an inquiry by chairman of Revenue Board Jagan Mathews into the tragedy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune