UP CM directs ministers, top officials to monitor relief work
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday rushed Panchayti Raj Minister Balram Yadav and Transport Minister Durga Prasad Yadav to Allahabad to monitor relief measures and treatment of victims of the railway station stampede, which left 36 persons dead.
An official spokesman here said the Chief Minister had directed the ministers to immediately rush to Allahabad to monitor relief measures and ensure best treatment to those who sustained injuries.
The stampede occurred at 7 PM yesterday when thousands of passengers, mostly Maha Kumbh devotees returning after taking holy dip at the Sangam, had gathered to board a train.
Meanwhile, Yadav also asked Chief Secretary Javed Usmani and DGP AC Sharma to visit Allahabad to oversee arrangements made for treatment of the injured and monitor relief measures.
Following the stampede at Allahabad railway station yesterday, the Chief Minister had directed officials to undertake immediate relief and rescue measures on a war footing.
He had also announced an ex-gratia of Rs five lakh to the dependents of those killed in the incidents, Rs 1 lakh to those injured and ordered an inquiry by chairman of Revenue Board Jagan Mathews into the tragedy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal