UP CM issues show cause notice to SP MLA
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and state unit president of the Samajwadi Party, Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday issued a show cause notice to its party MLA Mohammad Ziauddin Rizvi for criticising the state government`s performance in the media.
Considering his statements as an act of "indiscipline and misconduct", Rizvi, the SP MLA from Sikandarpur constituency in Ballia district, has been asked to give a clarification within a week, party spokesperson Rajendra Chaudhary said in a statement here.
In a letter sent to Rizvi, it has been stated that he has criticised government`s performance in the media which comes under the purview of indiscipline.
"You are Samajwadi Party legislator and the party`s image has been battered by your criticism. Why action should not be initiated against you for your indisciplined conduct," the letter states.
In a similar action yesterday, the party had cracked its whip on MLA Pramod Kumar Gupta, expelling him for six years.
Gupta, an MLA from Bidhuna was expelled for his involvement in "anti-party activities" following his outburst that law and order has worsened in the present regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- India to test sub-scale demonstrator scramjet engine in 2016
- PSBs capital needs significantly higher than budgeted: Moody's
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar's daughter in trauma after BSP workers abuse her
- Samsung hits back at China's Huawei with patent suit
- India ranks 110th on Sustainable Development index