UP CM issues show cause notice to SP MLA
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and state unit president of the Samajwadi Party, Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday issued a show cause notice to its party MLA Mohammad Ziauddin Rizvi for criticising the state government`s performance in the media.
Considering his statements as an act of "indiscipline and misconduct", Rizvi, the SP MLA from Sikandarpur constituency in Ballia district, has been asked to give a clarification within a week, party spokesperson Rajendra Chaudhary said in a statement here.
In a letter sent to Rizvi, it has been stated that he has criticised government`s performance in the media which comes under the purview of indiscipline.
"You are Samajwadi Party legislator and the party`s image has been battered by your criticism. Why action should not be initiated against you for your indisciplined conduct," the letter states.
In a similar action yesterday, the party had cracked its whip on MLA Pramod Kumar Gupta, expelling him for six years.
Gupta, an MLA from Bidhuna was expelled for his involvement in "anti-party activities" following his outburst that law and order has worsened in the present regime.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah