UP CM issues show cause notice to SP MLA
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and state unit president of the Samajwadi Party, Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday issued a show cause notice to its party MLA Mohammad Ziauddin Rizvi for criticising the state government`s performance in the media.
Considering his statements as an act of "indiscipline and misconduct", Rizvi, the SP MLA from Sikandarpur constituency in Ballia district, has been asked to give a clarification within a week, party spokesperson Rajendra Chaudhary said in a statement here.
In a letter sent to Rizvi, it has been stated that he has criticised government`s performance in the media which comes under the purview of indiscipline.
"You are Samajwadi Party legislator and the party`s image has been battered by your criticism. Why action should not be initiated against you for your indisciplined conduct," the letter states.
In a similar action yesterday, the party had cracked its whip on MLA Pramod Kumar Gupta, expelling him for six years.
Gupta, an MLA from Bidhuna was expelled for his involvement in "anti-party activities" following his outburst that law and order has worsened in the present regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership