UP CM launches 49 development schemes totalling Rs 568 cr
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday launched 49 developmental schemes totalling Rs 568 crore for Varanasi and Chandauli districts.
At a rally in Varanasi, Yadav said a medical college each would be set up in Varanasi and Chandauli districts and necessary funds would be allocated in the budget.
He directed officials to identify land for the medical colleges.
Yadav also said the foundation of a medical college would soon be laid in Jaunpur too.
"The SP government has plans to open more medical colleges to provide better facilities to the people," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media