UP CM launches 49 development schemes totalling Rs 568 cr
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday launched 49 developmental schemes totalling Rs 568 crore for Varanasi and Chandauli districts.
At a rally in Varanasi, Yadav said a medical college each would be set up in Varanasi and Chandauli districts and necessary funds would be allocated in the budget.
He directed officials to identify land for the medical colleges.
Yadav also said the foundation of a medical college would soon be laid in Jaunpur too.
"The SP government has plans to open more medical colleges to provide better facilities to the people," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert