UP CM launches free laptop scheme for students
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday launched free laptop scheme for intermediate pass students as promised in the Samajwadi Party`s (SP) manifesto during the 2012 Assembly polls.
Yadav, who launched this scheme at a function in Lucknow, said the medium of Internet would enable the children to enter a new world where they can avail the benefits of progressive education.
"It is true that a number of people were waiting for this scheme. The opposition parties were waiting for it, but I believe that the youths and students were waiting for it more enthusiastically," said Yadav.
Through Internet, the children will enter a new world and get the benefit of progressive education," he added.
Yadav said laptop and Internet has changed everything, whether it is government functioning or field of education.
"We want that tomorrow the world should not say that we have not done internet-based progressive education," he added.
A confident Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister further said ``when this project was being prepared, the people said it would not take off``.
"Nobody expected from SP that it will talk about English and laptop, but the party realised the change and took an initiative," he added.
Yadav also lauded the ruling Samajwadi Party Government in Uttar Pradesh on the occasion.
"There is no difference in the words and act of Samajwadi Party. We made efforts to fulfill our promises within a year," Yadav said.
"The manifesto is the most important document of any party. One party never prepared the manifesto (for assembly elections). There is one, which backtrack from its promises. There is no difference in the words and act of Samajwadi Party," he added.
Samajwadi Party in its manifesto had promised to distribute free laptops to all intermediate students.
The Chief Minister also used the occasion to take potshots at the former Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) government in Uttar Pradesh.
He alleged that unemployment had increased due to wrong policies of the previous government, and said his government was trying to create new opportunities to increase investment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what