UP CM to distribute 8,000 free laptops to students
Ghaziabad: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav will on Monday give away 8,000 laptops to students in Ghaziabad near Delhi.
Ghaziabad Development Authority chairman Santosh Yadav yesterday said that projects worth Rs.3,750 crore would be launched by the Chief Minister on Monday.
In addition, 12 schemes would be unveiled along with an ambitious project of 5,000 houses for low income group and economically weaker sections.
The Chief Minister will distribute the laptops to 8,000 students as part of his Samajwadi Party election pledge.
The major projects likely to be inaugurated include an elevated road from Uttar Pradesh Gate to Northern Peripheral Expressway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY