UP CM undertakes biggest reshuffle of bureaucracy
Lucknow: The 11-month-old Akhilesh Yadav government has undertaken the biggest reshuffle of the bureaucracy by transferring 51 Indian Administrative Service, 48 Provincial Civil Service, 88 Indian Police Service and 92 Provincial Police Service officials.
Many of those shifted were considered close to the ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) but were shown the door after almost a "year of dismal and poor performance", a close aide of the chief minister said.
The transfer list was released midnight and caught many officials unaware as it was a holiday Monday and the chief minister only recently had undertaken a major reshuffle of the babudom.
Officials inform that these en masse transfers were long overdue as the SP government was completing one year and its ratings among the people remained average or poor.
"Old loyalists have been given an year in plum postings, those who failed to deliver have been cut to size as the chief minister does not want their lethargy to hit party`s prospects in the Lok Sabha polls whenever they are held," a senior ruling party functionary said.
The state government had only recently affected a reshuffle by changing the district magistrates and police chiefs of almost 50 districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'