UP Cong asks party workers to prepare for 2014 LS polls
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh unit of Congress on Friday exhorted grassroot level workers to start preparations for 2014 Lok Sabha polls and asked them to make their presence felt among people by raising public related issues.
"The district unit presidents have been asked to launch agitations in their respective areas on local issues on regular basis and make their presence felt among the people," UPCC president Nirmal Khatri told reporters here.
Khatri held a meeting with recently appointed zonal incharges, coordinators and district,city unit presidents at the UPCC headquarters.
They are expected to submit their reports on these agitations on a regular basis, Khatri said.
The new appointees have been asked to give details about their plans and strategy in their respective districts and zones besides setting up their committees by June 10, he said.
Sources in the party said reorganisation of the 83 units remaining after the appointment of 31 new district, city chiefs would also be taken up soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city