UP Cong asks party workers to prepare for 2014 LS polls
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh unit of Congress on Friday exhorted grassroot level workers to start preparations for 2014 Lok Sabha polls and asked them to make their presence felt among people by raising public related issues.
"The district unit presidents have been asked to launch agitations in their respective areas on local issues on regular basis and make their presence felt among the people," UPCC president Nirmal Khatri told reporters here.
Khatri held a meeting with recently appointed zonal incharges, coordinators and district,city unit presidents at the UPCC headquarters.
They are expected to submit their reports on these agitations on a regular basis, Khatri said.
The new appointees have been asked to give details about their plans and strategy in their respective districts and zones besides setting up their committees by June 10, he said.
Sources in the party said reorganisation of the 83 units remaining after the appointment of 31 new district, city chiefs would also be taken up soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16