UP Cong asks party workers to prepare for 2014 LS polls
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh unit of Congress on Friday exhorted grassroot level workers to start preparations for 2014 Lok Sabha polls and asked them to make their presence felt among people by raising public related issues.
"The district unit presidents have been asked to launch agitations in their respective areas on local issues on regular basis and make their presence felt among the people," UPCC president Nirmal Khatri told reporters here.
Khatri held a meeting with recently appointed zonal incharges, coordinators and district,city unit presidents at the UPCC headquarters.
They are expected to submit their reports on these agitations on a regular basis, Khatri said.
The new appointees have been asked to give details about their plans and strategy in their respective districts and zones besides setting up their committees by June 10, he said.
Sources in the party said reorganisation of the 83 units remaining after the appointment of 31 new district, city chiefs would also be taken up soon.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today