UP Cong asks party workers to prepare for 2014 LS polls
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh unit of Congress on Friday exhorted grassroot level workers to start preparations for 2014 Lok Sabha polls and asked them to make their presence felt among people by raising public related issues.
"The district unit presidents have been asked to launch agitations in their respective areas on local issues on regular basis and make their presence felt among the people," UPCC president Nirmal Khatri told reporters here.
Khatri held a meeting with recently appointed zonal incharges, coordinators and district,city unit presidents at the UPCC headquarters.
They are expected to submit their reports on these agitations on a regular basis, Khatri said.
The new appointees have been asked to give details about their plans and strategy in their respective districts and zones besides setting up their committees by June 10, he said.
Sources in the party said reorganisation of the 83 units remaining after the appointment of 31 new district, city chiefs would also be taken up soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Hot scoop! THIS actress has replaced Alia Bhatt in Rohit Shetty's next?
- Argentina coach Edgardo Bauza keen on reducing Lionel Messi's workload
- Amarinder Singh makes fresh offer to Navjot Singh Sidhu, says he has Congress in his DNA
- Rio 2016: After golden Olympic run, Justin Rose returns to regular job
- Manohar Parrikar asks Navy Chief to probe Scorpene-class submarines documents leak