‘UP Congress changes after Prez, VP polls’
Lucknow: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Wednesday said organisational changes in the party`s Uttar Pradesh unit would take place after the presidential and vice presidential elections.
In an informal chat with news persons on his arrival here, Singh said, "Organisational changes in party`s state unit would take place after the completion of the presidential and vice presidential elections."
To a question on the coming together of Anna Hazare and yoga guru Ramdev, Singh said for him it was nothing new as he had always said that these two were together.
The Congress general secretary who is also in charge of state affairs, exuded confidence that UPA`s presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee would win by a very good margin and would get almost 90 per cent votes.
Changes in the UP Congress have been pending since the party`s debacle in the assembly election earlier this year. UPCC president Rita Bahuguna Joshi had offered to resign soon after the announcement of the results.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations