‘UP Congress changes after Prez, VP polls’
Lucknow: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Wednesday said organisational changes in the party`s Uttar Pradesh unit would take place after the presidential and vice presidential elections.
In an informal chat with news persons on his arrival here, Singh said, "Organisational changes in party`s state unit would take place after the completion of the presidential and vice presidential elections."
To a question on the coming together of Anna Hazare and yoga guru Ramdev, Singh said for him it was nothing new as he had always said that these two were together.
The Congress general secretary who is also in charge of state affairs, exuded confidence that UPA`s presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee would win by a very good margin and would get almost 90 per cent votes.
Changes in the UP Congress have been pending since the party`s debacle in the assembly election earlier this year. UPCC president Rita Bahuguna Joshi had offered to resign soon after the announcement of the results.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra