‘UP Congress changes after Prez, VP polls’
Lucknow: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Wednesday said organisational changes in the party`s Uttar Pradesh unit would take place after the presidential and vice presidential elections.
In an informal chat with news persons on his arrival here, Singh said, "Organisational changes in party`s state unit would take place after the completion of the presidential and vice presidential elections."
To a question on the coming together of Anna Hazare and yoga guru Ramdev, Singh said for him it was nothing new as he had always said that these two were together.
The Congress general secretary who is also in charge of state affairs, exuded confidence that UPA`s presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee would win by a very good margin and would get almost 90 per cent votes.
Changes in the UP Congress have been pending since the party`s debacle in the assembly election earlier this year. UPCC president Rita Bahuguna Joshi had offered to resign soon after the announcement of the results.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days