‘UP Congress changes after Prez, VP polls’
Lucknow: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Wednesday said organisational changes in the party`s Uttar Pradesh unit would take place after the presidential and vice presidential elections.
In an informal chat with news persons on his arrival here, Singh said, "Organisational changes in party`s state unit would take place after the completion of the presidential and vice presidential elections."
To a question on the coming together of Anna Hazare and yoga guru Ramdev, Singh said for him it was nothing new as he had always said that these two were together.
The Congress general secretary who is also in charge of state affairs, exuded confidence that UPA`s presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee would win by a very good margin and would get almost 90 per cent votes.
Changes in the UP Congress have been pending since the party`s debacle in the assembly election earlier this year. UPCC president Rita Bahuguna Joshi had offered to resign soon after the announcement of the results.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!