UP Congress demands action against BSP MLA
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Congress on Friday asked
Chief Minister Mayawati to arrest a BSP MLA and his associates
for allegedly raping a girl belonging to the backward class
and falsely implicating her in a theft case.
"A most backward minor girl was raped by BSP MLA
Purshottam Narain Dwivedi and his associates in Banda and she
was later lodged in the jail on charges of stealing the
legislator`s licensed pistol and Rs 5000," Congress state
president Rita Bahuguna Joshi told reporters.
Joshi claimed that to save the ruling party MLA, local
police has framed the 17-year-old girl and sent her to jail
where no one was allowed to meet her.
"I demand from the Chief Minister to lodge an FIR on
application of girl`s father against MLAs and others,
constitute a medical board for examination of the girl and
order a high level judicial probe into the matter," Joshi
Alleging that she was not allowed to meet the girl in
Banda jail yesterday, Joshi claimed that the Superintendent of
Police remained in the jail for six and a half hour on
December 29 at the behest of probing her.
"We also demand immediate suspension of the SP, who is
a hurdle in the probe against the MLA," Joshi said alleging
that when she spoke to the DGP, Karmveer Singh he expressed
his ignorance over the issue.
Announcing a series of sit-ins and protests in Banda to
ensure justice to the girl, Joshi said from tomorrow local
party workers of Banda would gherao the District Magistrate.
"Workers of Youth Congress, NSUI and district committee
will hold agitations separately in Banda," she said alleging
that the present government was sheltering criminals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!