UP: Congress MLA offers seat to Priyanka Gandhi
Rae Bareli: Sitting Congress MLA Shiv Balak Pasi on Wednesday offered to leave his Salon Assembly seat in Uttar Pradesh for Priyanka Gandhi in case she wished to jump in the electoral fray.
"I offer my seat in case Priyankaji or any other member of
the Gandhi family wished to contest the coming polls," Pasi,
who is the Congress candidate for Salon seat, told newspersons
His offer came a day after Priyanka indicated that she was
open to the idea of campaigning for Congress outside Amethi
and Rae Bareli constituencies in the UP Assembly elections,
saying she would do anything to help her brother Rahul.
Pasi said, "Not just me, any Congressman can do anything
for the Gandhi family."
He was, however, left without any answer when asked as to
how any member of the Gandhi family could contest from Salon
as it is a reserved seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends