UP: Congress MLA offers seat to Priyanka Gandhi
Rae Bareli: Sitting Congress MLA Shiv Balak Pasi on Wednesday offered to leave his Salon Assembly seat in Uttar Pradesh for Priyanka Gandhi in case she wished to jump in the electoral fray.
"I offer my seat in case Priyankaji or any other member of
the Gandhi family wished to contest the coming polls," Pasi,
who is the Congress candidate for Salon seat, told newspersons
His offer came a day after Priyanka indicated that she was
open to the idea of campaigning for Congress outside Amethi
and Rae Bareli constituencies in the UP Assembly elections,
saying she would do anything to help her brother Rahul.
Pasi said, "Not just me, any Congressman can do anything
for the Gandhi family."
He was, however, left without any answer when asked as to
how any member of the Gandhi family could contest from Salon
as it is a reserved seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali