UP Congress plans rallies to apprise people of UPA`s achievements
Lucknow: In a bid to reach out to the people with the UPA government`s two flagship legislations on food security and land acquisition, the Uttar Pradesh Congress would organise rallies across the state beginning October 9.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi will address the rallies in Aligarh and Rampur on October 9, said Dwijendra Tripathi, the spokesman of Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee.
"Public meetings would be organised all over the state to apprise the people of the UPA government`s Food Security and Land Acquisition Acts and would also express gratitude to Congress high command and the Prime Minister for the legislations," he said.
Over 84 million people in the country would be benefited from the Food Security Act and the land acquisition legislation would prove to be a boon for farmers, Tripathi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday