UP constable burns wife, son over dowry demand
Aligarh: A 24-year-old woman and her six-month-old son were allegedly burnt to death by an Uttar Pradesh police constable and his family members over dowry demand, police said on Monday.
In the incident which took place on Sunday in Turi Baghuli village in the Iglas police station area, Priya and her infant son were allegedly killed by her husband Pushpendra Sharma and in-laws, who set the victims on fire.
Family members of the victim alleged that Priya, who had married Pushpendra three years back, was of late under pressure from her in-laws to either arrange for a car or ask her parents to give them Rs 4 lakh.
A case has been filed by the victim`s family following which Pushpendra`s father Mahesh Chandra Sharma was arrested last night while Pushpendra, is still absconding, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: PM Modi beating drums in Meghalaya
- BJP slams UP government over firing on ex-justice's car
- PM Modi pays tribute to V D Savarkar on birth anniversary
- Star cast of Jimmy Sheirgill's 'Shorgul' out in this brand new poster! – View pic
- Caught on camera: Gram Panchayat president attempting to rape woman in Mandya