UP constable burns wife, son over dowry demand
Aligarh: A 24-year-old woman and her six-month-old son were allegedly burnt to death by an Uttar Pradesh police constable and his family members over dowry demand, police said on Monday.
In the incident which took place on Sunday in Turi Baghuli village in the Iglas police station area, Priya and her infant son were allegedly killed by her husband Pushpendra Sharma and in-laws, who set the victims on fire.
Family members of the victim alleged that Priya, who had married Pushpendra three years back, was of late under pressure from her in-laws to either arrange for a car or ask her parents to give them Rs 4 lakh.
A case has been filed by the victim`s family following which Pushpendra`s father Mahesh Chandra Sharma was arrested last night while Pushpendra, is still absconding, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory