UP: Controversial missing girl found
Muzaffarnagar: The missing girl, on whose case Saharanpur DIG S K Mathur had allegedly made controversial comments advocating dishonour killing, has been found.
The 15-year-old girl had apparently eloped with her 22-year-old boy friend Okin Singh from Kaserwa village following which her brother went to the local police station to register a complaint.
But due to inactiveness of local police they had to approach the Saharanpur DIG, who allegedly told the family that had he been in their place, he would have shot the girl for eloping.
The girl was recovered yesterday and will be soon produced before the court to record her statement, Prabhunagar SP Amit Verma told reporters.
Mathur was shunted out over his controversial that had sparked an outrage.
He has been attached with the DGP headquarters, Lucknow, an official spokesman said. DIG Police Headquarters Allahabad Bhola Nath Singh has been posted in place of Mathur, he said.
The action against Mathur was taken at the behest of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav who said such conduct was unbecoming of officers holding high posts.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living