UP: Controversial missing girl found
Muzaffarnagar: The missing girl, on whose case Saharanpur DIG S K Mathur had allegedly made controversial comments advocating dishonour killing, has been found.
The 15-year-old girl had apparently eloped with her 22-year-old boy friend Okin Singh from Kaserwa village following which her brother went to the local police station to register a complaint.
But due to inactiveness of local police they had to approach the Saharanpur DIG, who allegedly told the family that had he been in their place, he would have shot the girl for eloping.
The girl was recovered yesterday and will be soon produced before the court to record her statement, Prabhunagar SP Amit Verma told reporters.
Mathur was shunted out over his controversial that had sparked an outrage.
He has been attached with the DGP headquarters, Lucknow, an official spokesman said. DIG Police Headquarters Allahabad Bhola Nath Singh has been posted in place of Mathur, he said.
The action against Mathur was taken at the behest of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav who said such conduct was unbecoming of officers holding high posts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- President, PM Modi greet nation on Janmashtami
- Twelve people killed in American University attack: Afghan police
- A Flying Jatt tweet review: First day first show
- Xiaomi MIUI 8 ROM starts rolling out: Know which phones in India will get the update
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH