UP: Controversial missing girl found
Muzaffarnagar: The missing girl, on whose case Saharanpur DIG S K Mathur had allegedly made controversial comments advocating dishonour killing, has been found.
The 15-year-old girl had apparently eloped with her 22-year-old boy friend Okin Singh from Kaserwa village following which her brother went to the local police station to register a complaint.
But due to inactiveness of local police they had to approach the Saharanpur DIG, who allegedly told the family that had he been in their place, he would have shot the girl for eloping.
The girl was recovered yesterday and will be soon produced before the court to record her statement, Prabhunagar SP Amit Verma told reporters.
Mathur was shunted out over his controversial that had sparked an outrage.
He has been attached with the DGP headquarters, Lucknow, an official spokesman said. DIG Police Headquarters Allahabad Bhola Nath Singh has been posted in place of Mathur, he said.
The action against Mathur was taken at the behest of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav who said such conduct was unbecoming of officers holding high posts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country