UP cop booked for raping woman
Lucknow: An Uttar Pradesh policeman was booked on Saturday for raping a 25-year-old-woman for many months. The constable had promised the woman a job and had even secretly married her, police said.
Ram Narayan Yadav was booked for rape at Deoria, 471 km from here, after the woman told senior police officials that the constable had been physically abusing her for many months with the lure of a job, Superintendent of Police (SP), Umesh Srivastava told a news agency.
The woman used to practice for running at the police line grounds in Deoria and was befriended by the accused there.
Yadav, between 35-40 years of age, had allegedly married her in the Baidyanath Dham in Deoghar, Jharkhand. Later to avoid the woman, he got himself transferred to Pratapgarh, where he is still posted.
Yadav also stopped responding to her phone calls. The police has launched a probe into the charges levelled against Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP