UP cop dies during physical ability test
Azamgarh: A police personnel died and 10 others fainted during a physical ability test for the post of sub-inspector here Wednesday, the third such incident in Uttar Pradesh this month.
Eleven personnel fainted while participating in a 10 km run at police lines this morning, Senior Superintendent of Police Bhagwan Swaroop said.
The jawans were taken to the district hospital where 37-year-old Ali Suzma died, the SSP said, adding three personnel have been referred to Varanasi in a serious condition.
The run was organised as part of the SI rank examination in Uttar Pradesh Police.
This is the third such incident of police personnel fainting during a physical ability test in the district.
On July 21, 30 policemen had fainted due to extreme heat in the district while undergoing the test for the post of sub-inspector in Uttar Pradesh.
A policeman had died on July 20 while appearing for the physical test in Meerut.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen