UP cop dies during physical ability test
Azamgarh: A police personnel died and 10 others fainted during a physical ability test for the post of sub-inspector here Wednesday, the third such incident in Uttar Pradesh this month.
Eleven personnel fainted while participating in a 10 km run at police lines this morning, Senior Superintendent of Police Bhagwan Swaroop said.
The jawans were taken to the district hospital where 37-year-old Ali Suzma died, the SSP said, adding three personnel have been referred to Varanasi in a serious condition.
The run was organised as part of the SI rank examination in Uttar Pradesh Police.
This is the third such incident of police personnel fainting during a physical ability test in the district.
On July 21, 30 policemen had fainted due to extreme heat in the district while undergoing the test for the post of sub-inspector in Uttar Pradesh.
A policeman had died on July 20 while appearing for the physical test in Meerut.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday