UP cop dies during physical ability test
Azamgarh: A police personnel died and 10 others fainted during a physical ability test for the post of sub-inspector here Wednesday, the third such incident in Uttar Pradesh this month.
Eleven personnel fainted while participating in a 10 km run at police lines this morning, Senior Superintendent of Police Bhagwan Swaroop said.
The jawans were taken to the district hospital where 37-year-old Ali Suzma died, the SSP said, adding three personnel have been referred to Varanasi in a serious condition.
The run was organised as part of the SI rank examination in Uttar Pradesh Police.
This is the third such incident of police personnel fainting during a physical ability test in the district.
On July 21, 30 policemen had fainted due to extreme heat in the district while undergoing the test for the post of sub-inspector in Uttar Pradesh.
A policeman had died on July 20 while appearing for the physical test in Meerut.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Centre trying to run Delhi indirectly, says Sisodia
- Rio Olympics fallout: OP Jaisha alleges official apathy, AFI refutes charge
- Wriddhiman Saha, Ravichandran Ashwin biggest positives in this series: Virat Kohli
- Can't yet verify if wedding bomber was child or linked to Islamic State: Turkish PM
- Donald Trump denies 'flip flopping' on immigration