UP cop dies during physical ability test
Azamgarh: A police personnel died and 10 others fainted during a physical ability test for the post of sub-inspector here Wednesday, the third such incident in Uttar Pradesh this month.
Eleven personnel fainted while participating in a 10 km run at police lines this morning, Senior Superintendent of Police Bhagwan Swaroop said.
The jawans were taken to the district hospital where 37-year-old Ali Suzma died, the SSP said, adding three personnel have been referred to Varanasi in a serious condition.
The run was organised as part of the SI rank examination in Uttar Pradesh Police.
This is the third such incident of police personnel fainting during a physical ability test in the district.
On July 21, 30 policemen had fainted due to extreme heat in the district while undergoing the test for the post of sub-inspector in Uttar Pradesh.
A policeman had died on July 20 while appearing for the physical test in Meerut.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- THIS Bollywood director has filed a defamation case against Kamaal R Khan! - Read more
- Anil Kumble pips Ravi Shastri to become new coach of Team India
- Anil Kumble – Facts you must know about India's new coach
- 'Strong' Salman Khan can handle any controversy: Pulkit Samrat
- Vikas Krishan, Manoj Kumar book Olympic berths in Baku