UP cop dies during physical ability test
Azamgarh: A police personnel died and 10 others fainted during a physical ability test for the post of sub-inspector here Wednesday, the third such incident in Uttar Pradesh this month.
Eleven personnel fainted while participating in a 10 km run at police lines this morning, Senior Superintendent of Police Bhagwan Swaroop said.
The jawans were taken to the district hospital where 37-year-old Ali Suzma died, the SSP said, adding three personnel have been referred to Varanasi in a serious condition.
The run was organised as part of the SI rank examination in Uttar Pradesh Police.
This is the third such incident of police personnel fainting during a physical ability test in the district.
On July 21, 30 policemen had fainted due to extreme heat in the district while undergoing the test for the post of sub-inspector in Uttar Pradesh.
A policeman had died on July 20 while appearing for the physical test in Meerut.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation