UP cop murdered, service revolver missing
Lucknow: The body of a sub-inspector of the state police was recovered from a field in Sitapur, 88 km from here, late Sunday evening.
Police said the man`s service revolver was missing, though four cartridges were recovered from the holster.
The 52-year-old policeman was in uniform, but the name tag, cap, identification card and mobile phone were missing.
Police fear that the sub-inspector may have fallen prey to robbers.
There are also suspicions that the man may have strangled to death elsewhere and the body later dumped in the field.
Superintendent of Police Deepak Kumar told IANS that the policeman was still to be identified.
The body has been sent for post-mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh