UP cop murdered, service revolver missing
Lucknow: The body of a sub-inspector of the state police was recovered from a field in Sitapur, 88 km from here, late Sunday evening.
Police said the man`s service revolver was missing, though four cartridges were recovered from the holster.
The 52-year-old policeman was in uniform, but the name tag, cap, identification card and mobile phone were missing.
Police fear that the sub-inspector may have fallen prey to robbers.
There are also suspicions that the man may have strangled to death elsewhere and the body later dumped in the field.
Superintendent of Police Deepak Kumar told IANS that the policeman was still to be identified.
The body has been sent for post-mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH