UP cop murdered, service revolver missing
Lucknow: The body of a sub-inspector of the state police was recovered from a field in Sitapur, 88 km from here, late Sunday evening.
Police said the man`s service revolver was missing, though four cartridges were recovered from the holster.
The 52-year-old policeman was in uniform, but the name tag, cap, identification card and mobile phone were missing.
Police fear that the sub-inspector may have fallen prey to robbers.
There are also suspicions that the man may have strangled to death elsewhere and the body later dumped in the field.
Superintendent of Police Deepak Kumar told IANS that the policeman was still to be identified.
The body has been sent for post-mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!