UP cop murdered, service revolver missing
Lucknow: The body of a sub-inspector of the state police was recovered from a field in Sitapur, 88 km from here, late Sunday evening.
Police said the man`s service revolver was missing, though four cartridges were recovered from the holster.
The 52-year-old policeman was in uniform, but the name tag, cap, identification card and mobile phone were missing.
Police fear that the sub-inspector may have fallen prey to robbers.
There are also suspicions that the man may have strangled to death elsewhere and the body later dumped in the field.
Superintendent of Police Deepak Kumar told IANS that the policeman was still to be identified.
The body has been sent for post-mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster