UP cop murdered, service revolver missing
Lucknow: The body of a sub-inspector of the state police was recovered from a field in Sitapur, 88 km from here, late Sunday evening.
Police said the man`s service revolver was missing, though four cartridges were recovered from the holster.
The 52-year-old policeman was in uniform, but the name tag, cap, identification card and mobile phone were missing.
Police fear that the sub-inspector may have fallen prey to robbers.
There are also suspicions that the man may have strangled to death elsewhere and the body later dumped in the field.
Superintendent of Police Deepak Kumar told IANS that the policeman was still to be identified.
The body has been sent for post-mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves