UP: Cops penalised for mutely witnessing insult of a Dalit woman
Firozabad: Three policemen were suspended
on Sunday and one SHO sent to the lines for standing as mute
witnesses while a Dalit woman`s hair was cut by locals after
she was found allegedly in an objectionable position with two
youths, official sources said here.
While SHO Narkhi Ramashrai Singh were sent to lines,
two policemen Ratan Singh and Rajendra Prasad were suspended,
The hair of a 24-year-old Dalit woman had been
forcibly cut by locals in the presence of these policemen on
April 15 after she was caught by them allegedly with two
youths Dharmendra and Kamlesh in an objectionable position in
Pachwan area here.
While the youths were booked by the police on the
basis of a complaint of the family members of the woman, an
FIR has been registerd against over 10 persons including three
women, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!