UP: Cops penalised for mutely witnessing insult of a Dalit woman
Firozabad: Three policemen were suspended
on Sunday and one SHO sent to the lines for standing as mute
witnesses while a Dalit woman`s hair was cut by locals after
she was found allegedly in an objectionable position with two
youths, official sources said here.
While SHO Narkhi Ramashrai Singh were sent to lines,
two policemen Ratan Singh and Rajendra Prasad were suspended,
The hair of a 24-year-old Dalit woman had been
forcibly cut by locals in the presence of these policemen on
April 15 after she was caught by them allegedly with two
youths Dharmendra and Kamlesh in an objectionable position in
Pachwan area here.
While the youths were booked by the police on the
basis of a complaint of the family members of the woman, an
FIR has been registerd against over 10 persons including three
women, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?