UP: Cops penalised for mutely witnessing insult of a Dalit woman
Firozabad: Three policemen were suspended
on Sunday and one SHO sent to the lines for standing as mute
witnesses while a Dalit woman`s hair was cut by locals after
she was found allegedly in an objectionable position with two
youths, official sources said here.
While SHO Narkhi Ramashrai Singh were sent to lines,
two policemen Ratan Singh and Rajendra Prasad were suspended,
The hair of a 24-year-old Dalit woman had been
forcibly cut by locals in the presence of these policemen on
April 15 after she was caught by them allegedly with two
youths Dharmendra and Kamlesh in an objectionable position in
Pachwan area here.
While the youths were booked by the police on the
basis of a complaint of the family members of the woman, an
FIR has been registerd against over 10 persons including three
women, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video