UP Council adjourned sine die, budget and other bills passed
Lucknow: Amidst protest by opposition
members over a bill that proposes indirect elections for
mayors and chairmen of urban local bodies, Uttar Pradesh
Legislative Council was on Tuesday adjourned sine die before it
passed the state budget and other bills.
As soon as the House met for the day, opposition
members including those of SP, Congress and BJP jumped into
the well raising slogans against the government forcing
adjournment of the Question Hour.
The opposition members were protesting against the
bill for amendment in the local bodies act and sine die
adjournment of the state Assembly.
When the House assembled again after an hour, the
opposition members once again jumped in the well and shouted
Amidst din, the state budget and other bills were
tabled in the House and passed with voice vote after which
Chairman Ganesh Shanker Pandey adjourned the Council sine die.
The state budget and bills had already been passed by
the Assembly yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list