UP Council adjourned sine die, budget and other bills passed
Lucknow: Amidst protest by opposition
members over a bill that proposes indirect elections for
mayors and chairmen of urban local bodies, Uttar Pradesh
Legislative Council was on Tuesday adjourned sine die before it
passed the state budget and other bills.
As soon as the House met for the day, opposition
members including those of SP, Congress and BJP jumped into
the well raising slogans against the government forcing
adjournment of the Question Hour.
The opposition members were protesting against the
bill for amendment in the local bodies act and sine die
adjournment of the state Assembly.
When the House assembled again after an hour, the
opposition members once again jumped in the well and shouted
Amidst din, the state budget and other bills were
tabled in the House and passed with voice vote after which
Chairman Ganesh Shanker Pandey adjourned the Council sine die.
The state budget and bills had already been passed by
the Assembly yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal