UP Council adjourned sine die, budget and other bills passed
Lucknow: Amidst protest by opposition
members over a bill that proposes indirect elections for
mayors and chairmen of urban local bodies, Uttar Pradesh
Legislative Council was on Tuesday adjourned sine die before it
passed the state budget and other bills.
As soon as the House met for the day, opposition
members including those of SP, Congress and BJP jumped into
the well raising slogans against the government forcing
adjournment of the Question Hour.
The opposition members were protesting against the
bill for amendment in the local bodies act and sine die
adjournment of the state Assembly.
When the House assembled again after an hour, the
opposition members once again jumped in the well and shouted
Amidst din, the state budget and other bills were
tabled in the House and passed with voice vote after which
Chairman Ganesh Shanker Pandey adjourned the Council sine die.
The state budget and bills had already been passed by
the Assembly yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers