UP: Court issues non-bailable warrant against ASP
Mainpuri: A local court on Friday issued a
non-bailable warrant against an Additional Superintendent of
Police (ASP) for avoiding appearance in court, to record his
evidence in a 12 year-old dowry death case which he had
investigated during his posting here.
Additional District and Sessions Judge SB Sharma issued
the non-bailable warrant against Ram Narain Sharma directing
the IGP Gorakhpur, where the ASP is currently posted, to get
the warrant executed and produce him in the court on August
Sharma had investigated the dowry death case and
submitted the charge sheet in the court against the husband
Though the entire evidence has been recorded, the case
has been held up for the ASP`s evidence.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'