UP: Court issues non-bailable warrant against ASP
Mainpuri: A local court on Friday issued a
non-bailable warrant against an Additional Superintendent of
Police (ASP) for avoiding appearance in court, to record his
evidence in a 12 year-old dowry death case which he had
investigated during his posting here.
Additional District and Sessions Judge SB Sharma issued
the non-bailable warrant against Ram Narain Sharma directing
the IGP Gorakhpur, where the ASP is currently posted, to get
the warrant executed and produce him in the court on August
Sharma had investigated the dowry death case and
submitted the charge sheet in the court against the husband
Though the entire evidence has been recorded, the case
has been held up for the ASP`s evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam