UP: Court issues non-bailable warrant against ASP
Mainpuri: A local court on Friday issued a
non-bailable warrant against an Additional Superintendent of
Police (ASP) for avoiding appearance in court, to record his
evidence in a 12 year-old dowry death case which he had
investigated during his posting here.
Additional District and Sessions Judge SB Sharma issued
the non-bailable warrant against Ram Narain Sharma directing
the IGP Gorakhpur, where the ASP is currently posted, to get
the warrant executed and produce him in the court on August
Sharma had investigated the dowry death case and
submitted the charge sheet in the court against the husband
Though the entire evidence has been recorded, the case
has been held up for the ASP`s evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what