UP DGP reviews situation in Ayodhya
Ayodhya: With the Liberhan Commission report
tabled in Parliament, Uttar Pradesh DGP Karam Veer Singh today
reviewed the law and order situation in the town which saw the
demolition of Babri Masjid on December 6 about 17 years ago
and the adjoining districts.
"We are alert and regularly reviewing the law and order
situation besides monitoring every probability that could
arise regarding Ayodhya," the DGP, who held a meeting with
DIGs and police chiefs of neighbouring districts including
Faizabad and Devipatan police ranges told reporters.
Singh, who arrived here early today along with Principal
Home secretary Mahesh Gupta to make a first hand assessment of
the situation, said that with the 17th anniversary of the
demolition of the mosque less than a fortnight away their
focus will remain on Ayodhya and the adjoining districts.
Soon after the Liberhan Commission report was tabled in
Parliament yesterday, Ayodhya was put on high alert with
massive deployment of central para-military forces and PAC
commandos all over the town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know