UP DGP reviews situation in Ayodhya
Ayodhya: With the Liberhan Commission report
tabled in Parliament, Uttar Pradesh DGP Karam Veer Singh today
reviewed the law and order situation in the town which saw the
demolition of Babri Masjid on December 6 about 17 years ago
and the adjoining districts.
"We are alert and regularly reviewing the law and order
situation besides monitoring every probability that could
arise regarding Ayodhya," the DGP, who held a meeting with
DIGs and police chiefs of neighbouring districts including
Faizabad and Devipatan police ranges told reporters.
Singh, who arrived here early today along with Principal
Home secretary Mahesh Gupta to make a first hand assessment of
the situation, said that with the 17th anniversary of the
demolition of the mosque less than a fortnight away their
focus will remain on Ayodhya and the adjoining districts.
Soon after the Liberhan Commission report was tabled in
Parliament yesterday, Ayodhya was put on high alert with
massive deployment of central para-military forces and PAC
commandos all over the town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today