UP dishonour killing: Akhilesh Yadav orders magisterial probe
New Delhi: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday ordered a magisterial probe into the Bulandshahr dishonour killing case.
The development comes after the state police arrested five people in connection with the killing of Abdul Hakim, who also participated in Aamir Khan`s reality show `Satyamev Jayate`.
Hakim was murdered in a suspected case of dishonour killing.
Earlier, an FIR was lodged against a total of five persons on the basis of a complaint filed by Hakim`s brother Yusuf.
The wife of the 29-year-old youth, who was allegedly shot dead in Adoli village here last week, on Monday had alleged that her family members were behind the death of her husband.
According to Mahvish, Hakim was shot dead by her family members on November 22 after he had just entered the village along with her and their two-year-old daughter.
However, the police claimed that it was not a case of dishonour killing as none of the accused named in the FIR by the deceased`s brother was from Mahvish side.
Mahvish had eloped with Hakim in October 2010 after which the couple got married and were staying in Delhi following opposition from the former`s family, police said.
The couple was here in the village to visit Mahvish`s ailing relatives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends