UP dishonour killing: Police arrest third accused
Bulandshahr: After widespread outrage over the killing of Abdul Hakim, a participant in Amir Khan`s reality show `Satyamev Jayate` who was murdered in a suspected case of honour killing, police on Wednesday arrested one more person in connection with the case.
Gullu, 25, was arrested from the city railway station, taking the total number of suspects arrested so far to three, said Circle officer(City) Lal Sahib Yadav.
The accused belongs to the village Bhantgarhi, the same place where Hakim was shot dead on November 22, he added.
FIRs have been lodged against a total of five persons on the basis of complaint filed by Hakim`s brother Yusuf and according to SSP Gulab Singh, raids are being conducted to arrest the remaining two accused.
Hakim, who had married a girl Mahvish against her parents` wishes, had revealed threats to his life from girl`s family members during his appearance in Amir`s TV show.
His killing drew widespread criticism, compelling the Central government to seek report from the Uttar Pradesh government over the issue.
On November 27, Minister of State for Home R P N Singh had said that the government was "very seriously trying" to amend the Constitution to deal with the honour killing menace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'