UP: Encephalitis death toll rises to 263
Gorakhpur: Five more persons have succumbed to encephalitis, taking the toll in the viral disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh to 263 this year.
The five patients, mostly children, died yesterday, officials said today.
Additional Director (health) Diwakar Prasad said that a total of 1,524 patients were admitted to BRD MCH and other government hospital of the region, of which 263 died.
At present, over 260 patients are being treated in these hospitals, he said, adding that as many as 12 patients died in the BRD MCH during the three-day strike of junior doctors.
The doctors have since called off their strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor