UP: Encephalitis death toll rises to 263
Gorakhpur: Five more persons have succumbed to encephalitis, taking the toll in the viral disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh to 263 this year.
The five patients, mostly children, died yesterday, officials said today.
Additional Director (health) Diwakar Prasad said that a total of 1,524 patients were admitted to BRD MCH and other government hospital of the region, of which 263 died.
At present, over 260 patients are being treated in these hospitals, he said, adding that as many as 12 patients died in the BRD MCH during the three-day strike of junior doctors.
The doctors have since called off their strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie