UP: Encephalitis death toll rises to 263
Gorakhpur: Five more persons have succumbed to encephalitis, taking the toll in the viral disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh to 263 this year.
The five patients, mostly children, died yesterday, officials said today.
Additional Director (health) Diwakar Prasad said that a total of 1,524 patients were admitted to BRD MCH and other government hospital of the region, of which 263 died.
At present, over 260 patients are being treated in these hospitals, he said, adding that as many as 12 patients died in the BRD MCH during the three-day strike of junior doctors.
The doctors have since called off their strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report