UP: Encephalitis toll climbs to 488
Gorakhpur (UP): With 10 more persons
succumbing to encephalitis, the death toll in the viral
disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh has climbed to 488 this year,
health officials said today.
Ten persons suffering from the disease died in various
hospitals in the region in the last four days, they said.
Over 280 people suffering from encephalitis are
undergoing treatment at the BRD Medical College here besides
in some other district hospitals.
As many as 3088 patients were admitted to government
hospitals in the region this year of which 488 have died, they
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note