UP: Encephalitis toll climbs to 488
Gorakhpur (UP): With 10 more persons
succumbing to encephalitis, the death toll in the viral
disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh has climbed to 488 this year,
health officials said today.
Ten persons suffering from the disease died in various
hospitals in the region in the last four days, they said.
Over 280 people suffering from encephalitis are
undergoing treatment at the BRD Medical College here besides
in some other district hospitals.
As many as 3088 patients were admitted to government
hospitals in the region this year of which 488 have died, they
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?