UP: Father kills newly born twins
Fatehpur: Frustrated with continued illness of his newly born twins, their father allegedly killed them by throwing them in the pond in village Ganpatpur under Hussainganj police station area.
The tragic incident came to light on Monday with the recovery of the bodies of 20-day-old twins, reportedly missing from their house since Friday night, from the village pond, police said.
Badku Lohar, the father, had lodged an FIR on Saturday that his twins, a daughter and a son, had gone missing and during investigations the bodies were recovered from the pond with the help of sniffer dogs, police said.
On interrogation, Badku Lohar and his wife told police that since their birth both had been ill and they had spent their entire savings beside also raising a huge loan for their treatment but to no avail and in frustration the father took the extreme step.
The father has been arrested and bodies sent for post mortem examination, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Guess who just got Rs 48 lakh Jaguar car - Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan!
- Watch: Incredible view of the Suez Canal, Egypt!
- Now, anyone can meet PM Narendra Modi – know how
- India-origin student tops CBSE class 12 result in Singapore
- Trump's San Diego rally draws more than 1,000 chanting protesters