UP: Father kills newly born twins
Fatehpur: Frustrated with continued illness of his newly born twins, their father allegedly killed them by throwing them in the pond in village Ganpatpur under Hussainganj police station area.
The tragic incident came to light on Monday with the recovery of the bodies of 20-day-old twins, reportedly missing from their house since Friday night, from the village pond, police said.
Badku Lohar, the father, had lodged an FIR on Saturday that his twins, a daughter and a son, had gone missing and during investigations the bodies were recovered from the pond with the help of sniffer dogs, police said.
On interrogation, Badku Lohar and his wife told police that since their birth both had been ill and they had spent their entire savings beside also raising a huge loan for their treatment but to no avail and in frustration the father took the extreme step.
The father has been arrested and bodies sent for post mortem examination, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price